BBC’s Martine Croxall to host the Kent Press and Broadcast Awards ceremony. Entries are now open to celebrate and reward regional journalism, with a category sponsored by Digitom.
Published: April 2023
Martine is a journalist and presenter with BBC News and also one of the host of The Papers, a popular nightly review of the pages. She will be hosting the event, which is designed to celebrate and reward local journalism, at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury on Friday 14th July.
The not-for-profit awards are organised by Tunbridge Wells-based PR and marketing agency Maxim. Director Rachel Knight said: “It’s the county’s journalists who hold local councils and businesses to account and champion the cause of individuals, and it is these journalists and their dedication to their community who we are celebrating in these awards.”
An independent judging panel reviews every awards entry and this year includes new judges Elaine Bruce, a former BBC News journalist and editor; Anthony France, crime correspondent for the Evening Standard; John Warnett, a retired radio journalist with more than 30 years’ experience and Adrian Wills, a former newspaper and ITV broadcast journalist.
They join experienced judges Susie Boniface, a national journalist known as Fleet Street Fox; Sian Elvin, a national journalist and editor; Rebecca Smith, former senior editor for Kent Regional News and Media; and Leo Whitlock, a local newspaper journalist for more than 20 years, much of which was spent at the KM Media Group.
Kent Press & Broadcast Awards 2023 categories:
- Kent Broadcast Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Eurotunnel
- Kent Columnist of the Year, sponsored by Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Kent Design(er) of the Year, sponsored by Style Brands
- Best Use of Digital Media, sponsored by Discovery Park
- Kent Feature Journalist of the Year (Print), sponsored by Shepherd Neame
- Kent Feature Journalist of the Year (Broadcast), sponsored by MHS MacIntyre Hudson
- Kent Image of the Year
- Kent Magazine of the Year, sponsored by Stagecoach South East
- Kent New Journalist of the Year, sponsored by EKC Group
- Kent News Website of the Year, sponsored by Port of Dover
- Kent Newspaper of the Year, sponsored by Southeastern
- Kent Print & Online Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Ashford Designer Outlet
- Kent Programme of the Year, sponsored by Digitom Video Production
- Kent Scoop of the Year, sponsored by Panattoni
- The Neil Bell Kent Sports Journalist of the Year, supported by Kent Cricket
- Kent Voices Award, sponsored by BAE Systems