ITV journalist Nina Hossain is to host this year’s Kent Press and Broadcast Awards ceremony. Entries are now open to celebrate and reward regional and local journalism, with a category sponsored by Digitom for the fifth year in a row.
A journalist for more than 20 years, Ms Hossain is taking a break from her duties at ITV to host the KPBA ceremony at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury on Friday 12th July.
Nina Hossain said: “I’m delighted to be hosting this year’s Kent Press and Broadcast Awards. It is more important than ever that we recognise the vital and valuable contribution regional and local journalism plays, and reward those who are doing the very best of it in the county.”
The not-for-profit awards are organised by Tunbridge Wells based PR and marketing agency Maxim, Account Director Rachel Knight commented “It is very important to us that KPBA evolves, just as the local media does. In consultation with the judges, we’ve changed a few categories this year so they better reflect the day-to-day work that takes place in Kent’s newsrooms.”
The 15 categories will be judged by a panel of independent experts and a shortlist announced in May. Tom Chown, Founder and Creative Director at Digitom said: “As a video content agency we have a particular interest in audio and visual storytelling and are looking forward to seeing which of the county’s TV, radio or internet broadcasters triumphs in the Programme of the Year category.” Kent Press & Broadcast Awards 2019 categories:
- Kent Newspaper of the Year, sponsored by Southeastern
- Kent Photographer of the Year
- Kent Feature Journalist of the Year, sponsored by MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- The Neil Bell Kent Sports Journalist of the Year, supported by Kent Cricket
- Kent Design(er) of the Year
- Kent New Journalist of the Year, sponsored by EKC Group
- Programme of the Year, sponsored by Digitom Video Content Agency
- Best Use of Digital Media, sponsored by Eurotunnel
- Kent Magazine of the Year
- Kent Columnist of the Year, sponsored by Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Kent Print Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Benenden Hospital Trust
- Kent Broadcast Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Westwood Cross
- Kent News Website of the Year, sponsored by LKM Recycling
- Kent Media Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Port of Dover
- Commitment to the Community, sponsored by Saga
If you’re contemplating using video or animated content as part of your marketing strategy, get in touch. We’d love to start a conversation with you.