The Kent Press and Broadcast Awards is open for entries from the county’s print, broadcast and digital media journalists. Digitom is proud to sponsor a category for the third year in a row.
Published: January 2017
Organised by Tunbridge Wells based PR and marketing agency Maxim this year’s awards ceremony on Friday July 14th at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence in Canterbury, will be hosted by BBC award winning television and radio broadcaster, writer and journalist Gavin Esler.
Philip Jones, Director at Maxim, commented: “We are so pleased Gavin agreed to host the awards this year. As a well-respected journalist, writer and reporter who has worked his way up through the ranks, he is the ideal choice to inspire and entertain the local media.
“We couldn’t run this not-for-profit scheme without the support of the Kent organisations that are backing the awards. Without the sponsors, many of which are returning for a third year, the scheme would not exist.”
The 14 categories will be judged by a panel of independent experts and a shortlist announced in May.
Tom Chown, Founder and Creative Director at Digitom said: “Digitom is pleased to show our support for Kent’s journalists and to celebrate their success as they continue to produce high quality content across the county.”
Kent Press & Broadcast Awards 2017 categories:
- Kent Young Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Port of Dover
- Press Photographer of the Year, sponsored by FSB Kent & Medway
- Newspaper Design/er of the Year, sponsored by Lightmaker
- Magazine Design/er of the Year, sponsored by Whitehead Monckton
- Campaign of the Year, sponsored by Shepherd Neame
- Kent Columnist of the Year, sponsored by Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Best Use of Social Media, sponsored by Eurotunnel
- Kent Sports Journalist of the Year, supported by Kent Cricket
- Kent Feature Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Saga
- Kent Print Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Benenden Hospital
- Kent Broadcast Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Barretts Motor Group
- Kent Digital Journalist of the Year, sponsored by Arriva Southern Counties
- Kent Magazine of the Year, sponsored by Digitom
- Kent Newspaper of the Year, sponsored by Southeastern