As we emerge from England’s 3rd lockdown we wanted to share the practices we’ve put in place during the Covid-19 pandemic to ensure both the safety of our team and our clients.
Published: April 2021
We have returned to our ‘covid-safe’ office, in accordance with government guidelines, wearing face coverings when moving around the workplace and when social distancing cannot be adhered to. We’ve enough hand sanitiser to sink a battleship, but more importantly we now have workplace asymptomatic testing in place twice a week.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
2021 has seen us continue to facilitate location filming. Here’s our protocols, which we’ve been following since May 2020, when the creative industry published guidance on how to re-start TV and film production safely:
- We ask that all crew, clients and contributors do not attend filming if showing any of the known symptoms of Covid-19.
- We require contact details of all contributors in advance of filming, which will be securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection regulations, for a minimum 2-week period after filming, to comply with track and trace regulations.
- Crew will be supplied with face coverings, antibacterial liquid and cleaning materials.
- Wearing of face coverings indoors is compulsory, as it may not be possible to maintain 2 metre distancing at all times.
- We will wipe down surfaces that crew come into contact with during the course of filming, using antibacterial cleaning materials.
- Crew to hold a valid ScreenSkills Coronavirus basic awareness on production certificate.
- Camera equipment to be sanitised ahead of filming and after filming.
- Sound equipment will be used with a boom pole to avoid the use of personal microphones for contributors.
- We ask that the number of clients attending filming on location are kept to a bare minimum.
- We respectfully ask that clients wear face coverings when indoors and to maintain social distancing.
- Crew to travel to location via private vehicles, but where this is not possible and car-pooling is required, up to a maximum of 2 crew per car, both wearing face coverings.
- If accommodation is required due diligence will be taken to ensure hotels adhere to regulations.
Hopefully over the coming few months we can begin to return to normal; wouldn’t it be lovely if we could hold our postponed 10th birthday party this summer? Fingers crossed!